IGMAC Certification Program for the CGSB 12.8 Standard
IGMAC, the Insulating Glass Manufacturers Association of Canada, was formed in 1968 to establish high standards of professional conduct in the design, manufacture, application, installation and maintenance of hermetically sealed insulating glass units. The IGMAC Certification Program recognizes the need for regular and impartial product testing, maintenance of quality control in the manufacturing process and identification of products that conform to these criteria. The minimum standard of performance required for participation in the Certification Program is the highest level of the National Standard of Canada CAN/CGSB 12.8, latest issue.
The Certification Program is sponsored and administered by the Insulating Glass Manufacturers Alliance (IGMA) who contract with an independent agency to perform audit services.
All manufacturers of insulating glass units produced and/or sold in Canada are invited and encouraged to participate in the IGMAC Certification Program. Participation in the Certification Program is a prerequisite for manufacturing membership in IGMAC however non-members are invited to participate in the program as well.
Please be advised that we are switching software programs this week (week of December 18th) so access to the IGMAC Certification Program Participant Records and Program Database will be limited. We are updating the program to serve you better with the ultimate goal to provide online access for your program records. Please be patient as we switch over to this new software. Thank you for your continued participation.
- Important Changes to the IGMAC Certification Program
- Proposed Changes to Desiccant Material Equivalency
- How Do I Get IGMAC Certified?
IGMAC Certification Program Document ver. 29
- IGMAC Certification Program Manual
- Appendix B – IGMAC Certification Program Application Form ver. 24, December 2015
- Appendix G – QC forms ver.17 November 2010
- Appendix H – IGMAC Component Codes ver.17 November 2010
- Appendix I – Request for Waiver of Re-test ver.18 August 2011
- Appendix K – IGMAC Certification Audit Fee Schedule ver. 01/2016