IGMA Leadership Development Program: Level 2
Overview of the Program
The IGMA Leadership Development Program focuses on the soft skills a leader needs to achieve his or her full potential. Everyone in the workforce develops hard skills required to be employed in the insulating glass industry, but developing soft skills (communicating effectively with people, recognizing a company’s culture and effectively aligning with that culture, understanding accountability in the workplace, etc.) provides the necessary intangibles to become a great leader. The Program offers one module monthly for twelve months, mostly via online webinar/broadcast. The modules include:
Leadership Spectrum (Refresher Session)
Description of the skills required to be an effective leader in today’s complex world (personalities, values, issues, world events, millennial employees)
Character Strength Finder (Refresher Session)
Help every leader identify their natural strengths and begin to understand how and when to use them. Improve your understanding of yourself and others at a much deeper level (how you and others related and connect).
Communicating with all Personalities (Refresher Session)
Help you understand each other’s preferred personality style. Provide insights into the likes and dislikes of each style and help people move from tolerating each other towards valuing our differences.
- How to set expectations with people
- How to lead with better self-awareness
- How to influence people for positive change
- How to teach and develop team talent / skills
- How to build a team that performs
- How to lead during difficult/challenging times
- How to make the right decisions in uncertainty or ambiguity
- How to prepare for an opportunity
- How to be a player versus a pretender
- How to prepare and respond to setbacks
- The 4 levels of commitment found in every great leader
- How to win on the inside first
Here is a short video discussing the program:
Program Facilitator: Oak Moser
Oak is a senior management professional with 33 years’ experience leading and coaching teams in professional, manufacturing and competitive sports sectors. He has a proven track record as an effective leadership coach, working with multi-disciplinary teams, operating in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments where Customer Satisfaction, Winning and Profitability are key. He helps build competitive environments, where people connect and engage with each other to achieve goals and objectives quickly. He also applies a customized leadership behavioral approach that brings enthusiasm and desired results for organizations.
He is trained and certified with Coaching 2 Connect Inc., the authors of two successful Leadership Development Training Programs (Performance Architecture & Leadership Spectrum). The development programs are designed to help coaches and executives manage themselves, relationships with their team members, build a winning culture and serve their Clients with world class standards. He is experienced coaching leaders/athletes to get the most out of each other for team success.
- Coaching 2 Connect’s Team Building Character DNA model
- Certified DISC Trainer – Human Behavior Model33 years’ experience in Leadership Positions
- 33 years – Managed $50-90 million manufacturing facilities (375 employees) in the glass industry
- 21 years – Coaching youth hockey (high school, midget, regional teams, etc..)
- 3 years – Certified Coaching 2 Connect Inc.
- 1 Tier II U16 USA Hockey national tournament semifinal finish
Each module is offered online via live webinar. Modules are 60-90 minutes in length. If you are unable to attend a schedule module, you will be given a link to view a rebroadcast of the module. Each registrant will receive an email invitation in advance of each module session. Please use this information to participate in the webinar. Each online webinar will provide time for Q&A with Oak.
- IGMA/AAMA Member – $1,500 (New to the LDP Program)
- IGMA/AAMA Member – $1,200 (LDP Program Level 1 Graduate)
- Non-Member – $2,100